Saturday, March 26, 2011

Kindle Tips: Calibre E-book Management

My problem: Ebook conversion. I love my kindle but, as many of you know, it can be very limiting on file types and such.

I recently found a solution to this problem: Calibre. This application provides ebook conversion with a whole slew of other uses.


Calibre is a free and open source e-book library management application developed by users of e-books for users of e-books. It has a cornucopia of features divided into the following main categories:
  • Library Management
  • E-book conversion
  • Syncing to e-book reader devices
  • Downloading news from the web and converting it into e-book form
  • Comprehensive e-book viewer
  • Content server for online access to your book collection

How Do I Use Calibre?
  • E-book Conversion
  • E-book Backup
  • To get those .pdf galleys on my kindle quick and simple (if they are not available for download to my kindle)
  • To remove DRM on my PURCHASED books. For how to do this check out this article: Ebook Formats, DRM and You — A Guide for the Perplexed Please note that I in no way condone piracy of books, nor do I use this application for such.
  • To sync my Kindle with books downloaded directly to my computer.
  • To manage any other documents I may have on my Kindle.
  • To simplify the @free.kindle.com document process.

Final Thoughts

This application is a godsend. I cannot say enough good things about it... It has a really great, easy-to-use interface! Another great feature is that it is customizable with plugins. Not to mention: IT'S FREE! Head over to Calibre to download this application and see how great it is yourself.

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment