Tuesday, March 29, 2011

To-Read Tuesday: Where She Went

Where She Went (If I Stay, #2)
by Gayle Forman
Genre: YA


It's been three years since the devastating accident ... three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life forever.

Now living on opposite coasts, Mia is Julliard's rising star and Adam is LA tabloid fodder, thanks to his new rock star status and celebrity girlfriend. When Adam gets stuck in New York by himself, chance brings the couple together again, for one last night. As they explore the city that has become Mia's home, Adam and Mia revisit the past and open their hearts to the future - and each other.

Told from Adam's point of view in the spare, lyrical prose that defined If I Stay, Where She Went explores the devastation of grief, the promise of new hope, and the flame of rekindled romance.


via goodreads


Why do I want to read this?

The first book in the series, If I Stay, initially caught my eye but I wasn't sold on it. I have not read If I Stay  and I don't know if I ever will. What made Where She Went stand out in my mind, is the fact that it is written from Adam's point of view. It looks like this will be an emotional rollercoaster of a read according to the reviews! I'm really looking forward to this one. Let me know your opinions if you guys have read it.

Review excerpts from goodreads:

"The writing is raw and powerful and my emotions were on high alert right alongside Adam’s the entire time. Gayle Forman’s powerful prose explores grief, pain, and the possibility of rekindling a spark surrounded by chaos." - Arlene

"This review was difficult to write. I didn't even know where to start. All I wanted to do was pick up the book and reread it. Because it was amazing, heartbreaking, and beautiful." - Alexa

"Note: My review is not going to do this book justice. I don't think I can possibly express how awesome Where She Went is." - Nic

4 comments:

  1. I just got this book but I haven't started it yet! I plan to by Thursday or Friday! I have other 'priorities' first, dang it!

    Hope you're having a great, Tuesday!

    Stop by and see me!

    Kristi-The Book Faery

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to reading this series so much!

    Thanks for following - following back! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like there is a lot of powerful emotions wrapped up in this book!
    I found your blog through Goodreads on Book Blog Networking group. Welcome & this is a really great look for your blog! Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the support, Julie :) I'm so glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete