Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Format: Kindle eBook
Buy It: Paperback | Kindle
Half Summer faery princess, half human, Meghan has never fit in anywhere. Deserted by the Winter prince she thought loved her, she is prisoner to the Winter faery queen. As war looms between Summer and Winter, Meghan knows that the real danger comes from the Iron fey—ironbound faeries that only she and her absent prince have seen. But no one believes her.What I Loved
Worse, Meghan's own fey powers have been cut off. She's stuck in Faery with only her wits for help. Trusting anyone would be foolish. Trusting a seeming traitor could be deadly. But even as she grows a backbone of iron, Meghan can't help but hear the whispers of longing in her all-too-human heart.
- Almost everything!
- Meghan and Ash's forbidden romance.
- The open, but very strong ending.
- When I realized how much Grimalkin actually runs things.
- The believable, strong, and very consistent characters.
- The great plot twists that keep you on your toes.
- The ups and downs of Meghan's relationship with Ash can be a bit tiring at times (similar to the Twilight series to me). She doesn't really know much about him, yet she is infatuated? Don't get me wrong I absolutely love Ash's character, but it would have been great to see the relationship fleshed out a bit more before they were so head over heels for eachother.
There is a great story to be found here. I loved all of the characters and I found myself getting really attached to them... not wanting the book to end. The world that Julie Kagawa has created is nothing short of magnificent. Can I live there? Please? It was so fleshed out and wonderful. Kagawa most certainly outdid herself here. This book has left me wanting, no...NEEDING, more of Meghan Chase's story! I can't wait to see where the rest of this series goes!