Sunday, April 3, 2011

Review: Embedded

Embedded by Dan Abnett
Publisher: Angry Robot
Format: Ebook
Pages:416
Source: NetGalley
Amazon | Goodreads
★★★☆☆

HE'D DO ANYTHING TO GET A STORY. When journalist Lex Falk gets himself chipped into the brain of a combat soldier, he thinks he has the ultimate scoop - a report from the forbidden front line of a distant planetary war, live to the living rooms of Earth. When the soldier is killed, however, Lex has to take over the body and somehow get himself back to safety once more... broadcasting all the way.

Heart-stopping combat science fiction from the million-selling Warhammer 40,000 author.

For this book, I'm jumping straight to the review portion. I am going to be totally honest with you: I did not finish this book.

Embedded was extremely hard for me to get into. Obviously, I never really did get into it. It seemed to me that all the characters were doing was talking... and quite frankly, I was bored. Knowing that this was a military sci-fi I expected lots of action. I had not reached the point where he takes over the soldier's body, but I just couldn't take any more of it. I found myself skipping parts and, to my knowledge, not really missing anything of interest!

This book has a great rating on goodreads so I'm assuming that it does pick up later in the book. Don't not read this book because I didn't enjoy it! It just wasn't for me.

I give it 3 stars for having an interesting concept, even if I couldn't hang around to see it all play out.
   

0 comments:

Post a Comment