Monday, April 25, 2011

Musing Monday #3


This week MizB of Should Be Reading asks…

"Do members of your family read? Do you think it was passed down to you? Who do you think influenced you as a reader?"

My mom doesn't read except on occasion... My father reads at night before bed, and my sister is not a reader at all; she has "better" things to do with her time.

From a very young age my parents stressed reading! Every summer we would spend at least one day every week at the library just browsing or participating in our local summer reading club. It was one of those awesome things I would look forward to every summer. I remember spending hours in there... My parents were always super supportive of my love for reading.

My dad used to read to me all the time before bed when I was younger... It's one of my most fond memories with him. He's a pretty stoic guy, but he would put personality into every word and every character that he read. Good times...

Visit Should Be Reading to start participating in Musing Mondays!

8 comments:

  1. My hubby's dad use to read to him and his brother before bed. One of his fonder memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, I wish my dad would read to me =/
    He was too tired after comming back from work to do that...Thinking about it, he's a terrible reader, maybe mom? lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to read before bedtime - it helps me to clear my mind!

    My full answer can be found here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great memories! Love the idea of one day a week at the library!

    Here's My Musing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both my mom and my dad read to me when I was little!

    My musing can be found here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. better things to do than to read?!? what is wrong with her? lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously, Caite! She's crazy...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! I don't recall anyone reading to me when I was younger but my mum is the main reader in my family other than me. I buy all the books and she reads them, so I guess that's were I get my reading from. I'd love my daughter to enjoy reading as much as me when she's older :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete