Sunday, April 10, 2011

Review: Mockingjay

mockingjay

Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3)
By Suzanne Collins
Scholastic, Inc.
Genre: Dystopian YA
Rating: ★★★★★

Summary
“Young Katniss Everdeen has survived the dreaded Hunger Games not once, but twice, but even now she can find no relief. In fact, the dangers seem to be escalating: President Snow has declared an all-out war on Katniss, her family, her friends, and all the oppressed people of District 12. The thrill-packed final installment of Suzanne Collins' Hunger Games trilogy will keep young hearts pounding.” –goodreads
 
Review
This book was by far one of the most emotionally draining books I have ever read. It has haunted me all day and I'm sure it will for quite awhile longer.. I have sat here for at least two hours struggling to find the words to describe this amazing book. What I know I can say is this: This book is the most moving and heart wrenching book of the series. It has left me with an immense feeling of loss, even if it is not necessarily an unhappy ending.

This book follows the others and is absolutely packed with action. Katniss never gets a break! I would say that it is more gory and graphic than the other two as well, but very realistic. If you thought you had seen human cruelty at its worst in the first two books: prepare yourself. You will feel all of Katniss' emotions: frustration, fear, helplessness, terrible loss. All of them. If you were concerned about the Gale vs. Peeta dilemma, then you will be happy to know it is resolved in this book.

I cannot say more for fear of spoiling the plot. This definitely needs to be experienced spoiler free.. There are so many twists and turns that Suzanne Collins had me guessing the entire time. I believe everyone should experience this amazing trilogy.. You will not be disappointed.


p.a.b.d.

If you do not know what P.A.B.D is please click the button to find out.

4 comments:

  1. It was amazing. The whole trilogy. I liked Mockingjay the least, but I totally agree with it being good, haunting, and VERY emotionally draining. I still think about those books and I finished reading them in the Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I agree. Some parts were extremely depressing... and even though I understand why they happened, I still feel like they are what kept me from liking this book as much as the rest of the trilogy. I had a different type of appreciation for Mockingjay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, LOVED the Hunger Games Trilogy. I just hope that the movies won't destroy the amazing experience the readers had.
    Great review.

    -Mocha from A Cupcake and A Latte.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm very concerned about that as well... Not a fan of the casting so far. But they might surprise us! (I hope.)

    ReplyDelete